Search This Blog

Thursday, December 31, 2015

Living a Small Life

Every time that I go to the hospital these days and I get asked the obligatory post-Ebola question of have I traveled outside the United States in the last three weeks, I am compelled to answer that I have not traveled outside my city limits in the last three weeks.  Or three months, for that matter.  I have been living a very small life.
Surprisingly, that has been entirely satisfying in my time of intense medical need.  I don't have the energy level that is usually mine, and so my wanderlust is quelled for the time being.  I have been largely working from home and venturing out only for the occasional meal at friends' houses or to the hospital (most commonly), but somehow I do not feel constrained by my narrow turf.  There is something comforting about having a small scope when things are unpredictable.   I am never far from something I know, and I can be easily rescued should I need it.  Which I occasionally do.  I am sure that this too will grow old over time, but for now, small is quite beautiful.

1 comment:

  1. I just got a cheque for $500.

    Many times people don't believe me when I tell them about how much you can earn by taking paid surveys online...

    So I show them a video of myself actually getting paid over $500 for taking paid surveys to set the record straight.

    ReplyDelete