Search This Blog

Friday, November 24, 2017

Baby Boss (2017)

Who is the parent indeed?  This is a movie that my youngest son wanted to see, and as with most things animated, I wanted to see it with him rather than separately, because part of the joy of animated films for me is the return to my own childhood favorites that are animated, and then the experience of watching them with my children.  I think my parents have enjoyed watching them with their grandchildren for similar reasons.
I may have been influenced by not feeling well, but I very much enjoyed this movie.  It has a very silly premise, and even sillier plot trajectory, and in my mind is only saved by the Baby Boss himself, voiced by Alec Baldwin, who is having the time of his life right now.  He is just everywhere doing amusing things with this sardonic look on his face that makes him very enjoyable to watch.
This is a good sibling movie, where it starts with real animosity and ends with friendship, but covers a lot of the sibling rivalry bases in the mean time.

No comments:

Post a Comment