Search This Blog

Friday, November 3, 2017

Sushiya, North Liberty, Iowa

I usually don't do this, but I am writing a review after having been to this restaurant more than once.  I know that a real reviewer would routinely do this to evaluate the consistency of the food, and to have the opportunity to sample more dishes than is really possible on one trip, even with a lot of people.
Even though I live a bit far from this place to eat here regularly, I really like it, and if I were going to go out for sushi, this would be the place that I would go, despite the distance.  The shaman is better than any I have had at a restaurant in Iowa.  The octopus salad has large tender pickled pieces of octopus that are tender and delicious, and again, novel.  The seaweed salad doesn't stand out, but it is ver good.  The sushi and nigiri are both well executed and it is a very good overall experience.  The quality dining scene used to be confined to Iowa City proper, but over the last decade that has been changing, and this restaurant is an example of that trend at its very best.  highly recommended.

No comments:

Post a Comment