Search This Blog

Thursday, November 9, 2017

Nile Ethipian Restaurant, Coralville Iowa

This restaurant is in a space that I always felt was not inviting.  The previous restaurant had excellent food,my favorite Middle Eastern food in town, by it was hard to eat there.  Not so now.  The restaurant is well laid out, with good lighting, and continuous hours, so that if you want to eat at 3:30 in the afternoon, as we did recently, it is possible to do so.  And feed us they did.  The food was excellent.  It is primarily served with injera, the crepe-like bread of the region, but you can ask for a fork if you like.  We had a beef dish, a chicken dish, and some vegetarian dishes, and they were all delicious.  The appetizers were great.  The food was so good that even though I have made very good Ethiopian food in the past, I was not moved to go home and make it.  Rather, I would come back here, because it would satisfy that yen, as well as support a new dining option.  And it is very reasonably priced.  In all, this is a bright new start in the ethnic food options in Iowa City, one which I hope is longitudinally successful.

No comments:

Post a Comment