Search This Blog

Sunday, November 12, 2017

Mother's Day (2016)

This film was panned,and in someways I see where that sentiment is coming from.  There are some great actors in this who are to a greater or lesser degree are limping along with a less than perfect script, and to a lesser extent, the story line is weak at best.  Despite all of these limitations, I really enjoyed this movie, with some laugh out loud moments.  I streamed it from the United Airlines app during a flight, something that I rarely do, but it is a nice option to use when it works.  There are five main stories that have some interconnection with each other, and centering on the role of parenting children across the lifespan.  There are a number of issues that resonate with me, like parents who have different social values, mixed marriages,  and mothers who die and leave the parenting to the remaining spouse and then some things that I don't worry about but that are very real, like co-parenting without an on-going relationship.  So something for everyone, and not to heavy.  So, yes, the script could have been better, but enjoyable none-the-less.

No comments:

Post a Comment