Search This Blog

Sunday, November 5, 2017

Baywatch (2017)

I chose this movie to watch on a recent long haul flight precisely because I thought it would be light enough not to keep me up.  Possibly not even for the whole movie.  Nothing to think about and nothing to get upset about.
I was surprised to find that while I was right about it's relative safety to watch as one dozed off, that it was surprisingly entertaining.  I never watched the original TV show that it is both eulogizing and parodying, but the character that Dwayne Johnson portrays has his usual charm and sparkle, and Zac Efron does a nice job playing off of him as the screw up of the crew.  The movie has a healthy sense of spoofing off the TV version, and being able to laugh at itself, mixed in with a likable cast, makes for a pretty enjoyable, if very fluffy light movie.  It would be a great family night movie that has an audience of older teens and up.  There is a bit too much bad behavior for a younger audience to watch with their parents, but don't write this off based on its admittedly silly aura.

No comments:

Post a Comment