Search This Blog

Friday, April 13, 2018

The Incredible Jessica James (2016)

I have managed to escape my fate of last year's March and April, where I felt like everything I saw just did not add up to the quality of the Oscar nominated movies that I had spent the months before watching.  To be sure, one thing I have been doing a little bit of is watching the movies that I didn't quite finish up from last year's nominees (and I am also thinking of going back in time to watch other Best Picture nominees at the very least that I missed along the way, either because I wan't born or because I just never got around to it).
This is one I want to note because it is a romantic comedy streaming on Netflix, and I really liked it.  Jessica Williams is great as a sassy, but not altogether successful budding playwright who has gone through a break up and is not quite ready to get back on the relationship horse.  Along comes Chris O'Dowd, who is his usual likable self, and they manage to make something of their friendship.  Very enjoyable.

No comments:

Post a Comment