Search This Blog

Friday, May 4, 2018

Game Over, Man! (2018)

I may have seen worse movies in my life, but nothing comes to mind, and it is certainly the worst movie that I have seen in the last decade.  And I watch a lot of action adventure movies that have thin plots, lots of gratuitous violence and blood, and juvenile humor.  I wrote a review of Kong:Skull Island saying that it was surprisingly good.  So it is not like my bar is so high that anything would fail to hurdle over it.  No way.  This is a movie to avoid at all costs (why I watched it to the end is the real mystery).
So I blog about this in an effort to save others from my fate.  My spouse picked it out, which is what we asked him to do, and gave him free reign.  I checked it on IMDB and it got a 5.4, which is not great, but usually I find the movies in the 5-6 range to be acceptably entertaining.  So I was shocked by how bad this movie was , right from the start and continued all the way through.  The things that were truly objectionable (blowing up a small dog, cutting off a man's penis, impaling people, and so on) were done not once, but several times over.  It was so painfully sophomoric and at no point did it get all the way to the absurd so that it would be funny.  No, just bad all the way through.

No comments:

Post a Comment