Search This Blog

Friday, May 18, 2018

Petroglyph National Monument, New Mexico

I love National Parks and I love New Mexico. 
I am still reflecting on my spring trip to New Mexico, and if you are ever in Albuquerque, this park is not far from downtown.  It has a visitor's center, which also has a couple of short trails with petroglyphs, and then a couple of other locations that are an easy drive from there.  There are literally hundreds of pictures drawn on rocks that are easy to find and fascinating to look at and think about.  We chose the site with several hundred because I thought that in that case for sure we would see a couple dozen, but in reality it was pretty easy to find a hundred or so.  The trail for this is paved part of the way, very flat, and while you can definitely scramble on rocks to see more drawings, it is not necessary to do so, and a wheelchair or a stroller would be a reasonable mode of transportation.  

No comments:

Post a Comment