Search This Blog

Thursday, October 11, 2018

Gather, Silverton, Oregon

I was visiting friends and we went out for a late afternoon bite to eat at this cool restaurant. 
Anna Kuzmin and her husband moved into this abandoned Mexican restaurant space with an eye to restoring it. The couple scanned historic photos of the building, which first opened in 1892, to restore the restaurant to its past excellence. Kuzmin, who grew up in Montana, wanted Oregon's bounty and history to shine through her menu and space, and so it does.  I had this gorgeous salad, one of the best composed salads that I have ever had and it just popped with flavor.  I had a bowl of one of my all time favorite dishes, New England Clam Chowder, Oregon style, and it was equally delicious.  The high ceilings lead to a loud atmosphere, but in the late afternoon it was underpopulated and absolutely delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment