Search This Blog

Sunday, October 14, 2018

The Tersa Sphinx Moth Turnaround

I was staying in a slightly sad hotel in Orlando recently, attending a less than perfect conference, and not altogether being able to live life to its fullest in the moment.  These things happen, and they seem to happen more in Florida than other places that I go, and I completely concede that I need to do a better job of adapting to my circumstances.  But then, things took a turn for the better.  I was on my way to the ice machine I came up this exceptionally beautiful moth.  It is huge, maybe three inches tall with a similar wing span, and it really took my breath away (well, the moth and the humidity combined). It has a sleek design that no doubt was one of the design influences for the Bat Mobile.  My only regret is that I did not see it fly because exactly how that works seems mysterious to me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment