Search This Blog

Sunday, May 3, 2020

Ode to Egg Salad

During the pandemic, our kitchen has been ha happening place.  My spouse has been boldly thumbing through cookbooks for recipes that that we have either all the ingredients or plausible alternatives and cooking one to two things a day.  He even knows what we have because he spend days taking everything out of our pantries, sorting them, and putting them back, noting we really seem to have a year supply of some things, even if we have them once a week.  It has been a food bonanza. 
I have been slower to join in, but this week I have tried to make one thing a day.  I am making a soup or two a week, because we have about 9 gallons of stock in the freezer, and I find it comforting.  I have been making beans from scratch once a week for the same reason (and they go nicely in soup).  Today I made a simple food--egg salad.  We got our first CSA delivery of the year, which has a dozen farm fresh eggs.  We have oodles of chives growing in our garden.  And we are making so much bread that an egg salad sandwich is an easily attained pleasure.  We are going to make it through this.

No comments:

Post a Comment