Search This Blog

Friday, May 29, 2020

Tex-Mex Albondigas

I asked for these for my birthday dinner, not because they were my favorite thing out of Ama, the cookbook we have been exploring, but because I knew they wouldn't be my husband's first choice to make, and the best time to ask for that seems like your birthday in a pandemic, where what can you do?  I got to pick the menu as well as the movie.


1 lb. ground beef
1 lb. ground pork
1 tsp. caraway seed ground
1/2 c. milk
2 eggs
1 chopped chipotle in adobo
1/2 c. cotija cheese
4 oz. Monterrey Jack
2 Tsp. oregano
3 cloves garlic
 minced
1 1/2 tsp. salt

  1.  Mix the liquids together. Add cheese, garlic, chipotle, oregano, mix and then add panko.
  2. In a medium bowl, combine ground beef, ground pork, the above mixture, mix gently until combined, then form into meatballs.  Bake at 400 degrees for 20-15 minutes (internal temperature 155 F).
  3. Garnish with parsley and tomatillo salsa  before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment