Search This Blog

Sunday, May 10, 2020

Pandemic Mother's Day

Technically it is today, but, much like the Kentucky Derby last weekend, should it be postponed until September?  Will we even feel comfortable eating in a restaurant even then?  It is really hard to imagine at this point in time.
Mother's Day this year is complicated.  Maybe it is always complicated, but this year it seems to be more so.  I have elderly parents who are basically under house arrest because COVID is raging in my neighborhood and has been for two months.  Two of my children are in health care education curricula that are designed to prepare them for face to face care that are being delivered entirely on line.  My grandchildren are close by but socially distanced. So I make masks for them all, and give them food that I have cooked, even mailed toilet paper and flour to the away child.  Much like motherhood itself, a pandemic requires flexibility and creativity and I for one am up for it.  Just stay six feet away from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment