- Scant 3 tablespoons tahini paste
- 2/3 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- Scant 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon coriander seeds, toasted and lightly crushed
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds, toasted and lightly crushed
- 1 tsp. thyme
- Salt and black pepper
- 12 large carrots, cut into 3-4" segments and halved or quartered, depending on the diameter
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cilantro leaves, coarsely chopped
Place all the ingredients for the tahini sauce in a bowl with a pinch of salt. Whisk together and set aside, or put in food processor to mix.
Place the honey, oil, coriander and cumin seeds, and thyme in a large bowl with salt and black pepper. Add the carrots and mix well until coated, then spread them out on a large baking sheet and roast in the oven for 35-40 minutes, stirring gently once or twice, until cooked through and glazed.
Transfer the carrots to a large serving bowl or individual plates. Serve warm or at room temperature, with sauce on the side, scattered with the cilantro.