Search This Blog

Friday, June 24, 2016

The Home Ec Road to Craft Recovery

Lots and lots of what I have been about these past nine months is about having cancer.  It has occupied a good deal of my physical energy and a surprising amount of my psychic energy as well.
But for once I would like to point out that while I have required above average amounts of medical assistance these past months, that I have just now really started to make progress on my creative recovery, and the local shop, Home Ec, has been a key ingredient in that success.
I just love this shop.  It has all the wonderful touches that I would never be able to swing in a home craft room even if I were to have one.  It has lots of wonderful handmade things that are tastefully arranged and impeccably put together.  The teachers that I have had (one for a napkin making class and another for an oilcloth tote bag making workshop) teach with a perfect blend of instruction and hand holding mixed with let yourself go and pick up the pieces later.  I had been stuck in not getting much done to what is true now, having completed projects and looking forward to what I might do next.  Please check them out if you need an injection of creativity into your craft life.

No comments:

Post a Comment