Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Hong Kong Lounge II, San Francisco

 I love dim sum and this place has truly outstanding dim sum.  We arrived at its opening time of 10:30 am on a Monday morning, and by 11:00 there was a line out the door.  And it only took one bite of the very first dish to arrive to figure out why that was.  It is just spectacular across the board.  We were fortunate to be there with four people, so we could get quite an array of dishes and there were no disappointments (although some things were more unusual than anticipated--but that is all part of the fun.  If you stay entirely within your comfort zone you will never find out that there are so many more things that you love than you thought).  My favorite dish was the pork and shrimp shu mei, and if I had been thinking straight I should have gotten an order to go.  The clams in black bean sauce came in a close second, but only because I love little clams and could eat them all the time (thank goodness I am vaccinated against hepatitis).  The various steamed and fried dumplings are always a favorite, and I would have gone back every day of my visit if it hadn't been a three mile walk from my hotel room. 

No comments:

Post a Comment