Search This Blog

Friday, June 7, 2019

Ode to Penzeys Spice Mixes

I am a cook who has always had some trouble understanding why you would choose a mix for something that is relatively easy to put together from scratch.  For example, making pancakes is so easy to do that I don't understand why one would purchase Bisquick.  Even when planning a camping trip, we would put together a bag with the ingredients already mixed, and then how much wet ingredients to then add.
The only exception to this rule is the Penzeys spice mix.  I have come to be fairly reliant on a wide range of spice mixes to flavor roasted vegetables.  My favorites that are not spicy are the Tzardust Memories, Turkish, and Greek mixes, and the Bangkok,iVindaloo, and Berber.  In addition, I use their chili powder, pie spice mix, and Chinese five spice.  They are just exceptional, easy to make delicious food, and to my mind, also time saving.  In addition, they have been quite vocal about their support of a democratic government that provides a social support for all it's citizens, which is something I can get behind as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment