Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Three Decades

Another thing that happened this week is that I crossed the 30 year mark in my marriage.
It is so hard for me to believe that I have been married for thirty years.  It isn't that I ever doubted that I wanted to live with the man I married, but rather that I grew up having absolutely no desire to get married.  My parents were just reminiscing that I had very little interest in playing with dolls.  My Barbie collection, which is quite vintage and includes a Barbie that has wigs, from before she had unchangeable hair.  I also had no desire to  incorporate Ken or anybody else into the equation.  I come from an intact family, and while I lost my brother at a very young age, this predates that trauma.  So it still surprises me deep inside that I am actually married, and I have been doing it more than half of my life. And this is the first anniversary that we are grandparents.  Something I am still adjusting to, but she is a beautiful baby, yet another thing I never thought I would see.

No comments:

Post a Comment