Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Rudderless (2014)

I have seen a number of movies lately that have music as something in the foreground rather than just in the background, and it has been good.  Between that ans Spotify it has become very clear to me that even at my ripe old age I can enjoy new music, whether it is within a movie or outside of it.


I have been a long time Billy Crudup fan.  Here is is a grieving father who discovers that his dead son was a really great song writer.  After his son's death he leaves his job, he drinks way too much, he has no friends, he works painting houses, and he generally stumbles around the bottom of the barrel, unable to even look up, much less crawl out of it.  And then he starts playing his son's music, and slowly, very slowly, he gets just enough better to look up and see the sun.  It is a bittersweet movie with a couple of twists and turns that I don't want to give away, but well worth a watch, and a lovely soundtrack if you like a ballad or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment