Search This Blog

Friday, July 31, 2015

Reuniting with Your Youth

-->
College was a very long time ago for me, but it is in the category of long past but not forgotten.  I lived in a large cooperative house at that time of life, a place where I did not choose my housemates but I lived closely with them and shared cooking, food, and meals with them.  It was a group of like-minded people, many who were friends and traveling companions during that time.

Over the years since then, there are people that I stayed in touch with and those that I did not.  I met my spouse there, and still see quite a bit of him, but there is no one that I see as frequently and some I had not seen at all.  So when we all decided to have a reunion, facilitated by social media, it was a big deal.  We were all taking a risk that we would still share the things that held us together all those years ago.  The result was nothing short of miraculous.  We easily slipped back 30 years to the time when we were last all together and it was immensely pleasurable to do so.  Our house band played, we danced, we ate, we laughed, we shared the good, the bad, and the occasional ugly that had happened over the time since were all last together.  Such a gift that we gave each other, and I hope that it happens again.

No comments:

Post a Comment