Search This Blog

Sunday, October 18, 2015

Gluten Free Mexican Wedding Cakes

I have a need to be more conscious of being gluten free.  For the most part, that is almost a non-issue.  I still need to get some gluten free bread crumbs, but I have the flour for when I need it to add to the occasional savory dish, and I very much enjoy many things without flour.  Desserts are another kettle of fish however.  There you either have to serve fruit and custard or you need to make an effort.  This is the first recipe that I have made that is explicitly gluten free.

1 1/2 c. chopped pecans
1/3 c. plus 1 tbs. white rice flour
1 1/4 c. plus 2 Tbs. oat flour
1/4 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. baking soda
1/2 c. granulated sugar
2 oz. cream cheese
12 Tbs. butter
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 c. confectionery sugar to finish

Combine nuts, flours, salt, baking soda, and sugar in a food processor.  Add cream cheese, butter, and vanilla.\ until dough forms a ball.

Preheat oven to 325 degrees.

Shape into balls (I used a #60 scoop).  Bake for 15-20 minutes, then let cool 5 minutes.  Roll in confectionery sugar.

No comments:

Post a Comment