Search This Blog

Saturday, October 24, 2015

Russian Shop Windows

Yes, it is true.  There is caviar everywhere in Russian stores.  I took this photo in a shop in Red Square, the ultimate Russian shopping mall.  I am not much of a shopper myself.  I usually see the inside of more grocery stores than anything else when I am traveling.  I have been known to bring home many souvenirs of travel, but the experience of shopping is not one that I love.  I do enjoy walking in cities, though, and so window shopping is something that I very much enjoy.  Russia is a wonderful place to do that.  The culture is just foreign enough and just similar enough to be a real treat.    I was not prepared for how elegant a culture the Russians have, and as is almost always the case when traveling, I learned something.

No comments:

Post a Comment