Search This Blog

Sunday, January 1, 2017

Nostalgia to Ring in the New Year

This past year was certainly a challenging one.  It started with me being in the intensive care unit.  I had three surgical procedures in a row on New Year's Eve, and truly forgot that it was the holiday when I woke up the next day.  I was worried more about the things that were leaking out of me, and what all of that would entail when it came to finishing up my treatment for ovarian cancer.
As it turns out, I am not quite done with that.  Bad diseases warrant longer treatments and I am certainly in that camp.  The good news is that there has been time for enjoyment that has been sandwiched in as well, and with shorter vacations, we have been able to focus on food, museums, walking, and theater.  Oh, that pretty much sums up every vacation, but we have done it for shorter periods of time this year.  Just hoping that 2017 has more of the good things and less of the bad things than 2016. 

No comments:

Post a Comment