Search This Blog

Saturday, December 31, 2016

Looking Back, One Last Time

Andy Borowitz, of the New Yorker's Borowitz Report, dubbed 2016 "Shittiest Year Ever", which may be an exaggeration when you think back on some previously terrible years, like 1939 would be one within the last century, and the several that preceded it and some that followed were largely not good.  But I see his point.  And he didn't even have cancer this year.
So for me, it has been the triple threat.  My health is stable but with looming concerns. My work has been harder to do than it ever has at any time in my life.  Then there is the final blow. My country really feels like it is going to hell in a hand basket, and I can't really figure out why anyone would not have voted to prevent this.  Even members of my family failed to vote to prevent this from happening, which will be very hard to get ver.  It may not ever happen, and it certainly isn't happening soon.  If anything, I fell worse about it than I did during the post-election.  So there you have it.  I hope that those of us who hate this totalitarian, xenophobic, homophobic, misogynistic, racist agenda can prevail.  That is what I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment