Search This Blog

Friday, April 28, 2017

The Ebb and Flow of Creativity


I was looking high and low for a piece of my sewing machine equipment last weekend and while I never found it (after hours of looking, I decided the better part of valor was to give up and order it on eBay), I did find these 12 appliqued quilt blocks (11 of them in one box and the last one in another.  Why I did not store them all together, I will never know).  Wow!  What possessed me to spend hours and hours sewing these, only to put them away in a cupboard rather than sew them together and quilt them?  I cannot answer that, but in a stroke of luck, I am signed up for my first ever machine quilting class and hope to get an idea of where to go with  the quilting, but finding this was kind of embarrassing.  And it gave me a window on my former self.  While this has been a really hard year and a half, life wasn't all smooth sailing before.  And I definitely have my quilting mojo back.

No comments:

Post a Comment