Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Take Pride

I missed the Dykes on Bikes.  I skirted around the parade on Sunday.  But there was no way to be in San Francisco over Pride weekend and overlook that it was going on.  Rainbow colors were everywhere.  At my bed and breakfast in the Mission  we weren't the only straight couple but we were all like minded people.  I am sad that a Pride parade actually seems important, that we cannot just assume in this day and age that civil tights could be taken for granted, but as of November it is very clear that that is not the case, so it was heartwarming to see that there are places where businesses up and down the street wave the pride flag, just as they would the national flag.  That is where I want to be a citizen of.

No comments:

Post a Comment