Search This Blog

Sunday, July 2, 2017

The Take (2016)

This is a chase movie.  Nothing more, nothing less.  The setting is France, the  main characters are American, and the movie is British, so it has some schizophrenia to begin with.  If you are looking for an American chase movie, this is not it.  The story telling isn't what you come for, and the British sensibilities about spying and corruption are decidedly different from the American take on it, so if that is what you come for, you will likely be disappointed.  I, on the other hand, like these all about the same.  It is a quick diversionary movie that did not irritate me in any way (okay, a little too much violence, but that is endemic in this genre).  I would definitely watch it on a plane, for example, but not on a date night.  I like Idris Elba quite a lot, so that goes a long way for me as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment