Search This Blog

Sunday, June 21, 2015

Don't Forget to Thank Your Spouse


Yes, it is Father's Day, and it is time to think about all that parenting stuff.

One of the potential pitfalls in a long term relationship is that one might on occasion loose track of how much one’s spouse does.  There are two big pieces of this realization.  The first is to acknowledge exactly how important being part of a team is to my personal happiness.  The second is to thank your team members.  It is far and away my spouse who provides that kind of support in my life, but also includes things that my children do for me as well.   

 The thing is that when everything works well, I take that for granted. Without my spouse, I would have no children!  The thing that I love the most is that there are great meals on my table many days every week that are made by family and friends.  I go out to eat, now more than at any point in my life, but for the most part, the most reliably good meals that I have are meals that I have in homes.  I am an above average home cook myself, and I can certainly fend for myself on that front.  However, I love being cooked for.  It is a pleasure to sit at a table and enjoy food that those close to me have prepared.  The one thing I often fail to do is express that gratitude.  So I am doing it now.

No comments:

Post a Comment