- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- 1/2 lb. Spanish chorizo, or other pork sausage
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (14 1/2 oz.) chopped tomatoes
- 1 Tbs. Asian fish sauce (optional)
- 1 cup potatoes, cubed
- 2 cups greens (we used kohlrabi greens, but spinach or kale would be a good choice)
- 4 cups stock
- 24 small hard-shell clams, scrubbed
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
Directions:In a wide sauté pan or fry pan over medium-high heat, warm the olive oil and crumble in the sausage meat (discard the casings). Stir the sausage until it breaks up and starts to brown, then add the onion. Cook, stirring, until the sausage is browned and the onion is softened, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic, potatoes and greens, and cook for 1 minute. Stir in the tomatoes, 4 cups stock, and the fish sauce. Let come to a boil, then reduce the heat, cover and simmer until the sauce thickens and potatoes soften, about 20-25 minutes.
Add the clams and shake the pan to coat the clams with the sauce; increase the heat to medium. Cover the pan and cook until the clams open, about 10 minutes (discard any that do not open). Stir in the parsley and serve.