Search This Blog

Sunday, August 28, 2016

Quilting Once More

I have to say that it has been lots of fun taking classes at my local yarn/fabric store, Home Ec.  I have been taking about a class a month since April and I am so glad that I took the plunge because I have been pretty reliably making things again.  It is not that I had ever completely stopped, but this level of activity hasn't been seen in about 15 years.
I have been quilting since I was in high school (meaning over four decades), but I really hadn't done much recently.  I have signed up for two quilting classes this summer, and it has been really great to get back into piecing and quilting.  I was even able to find the walking foot for my sewing machine (which is a huge relief because it turns out my sewing machine is older than my eldest child, which means that they are no longer making it, or anything that goes with it).  I have been using exclusively fabric that I already own (even for the back of the quilt, which is a situation that will not be able to be sustained for much longer), and while I have yet to get rid of even one bin in my basement, it feels good to be working with fabric.  I am not sure why I feel this way, but I have always liked things that are made by hand, and now I am back to creating some of my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment