Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 10, 2016

So You Want to Be a Lawyer?


My eldest son sat for the bar exam and is hoping to begin his career as a primarily transactional attorney later this month.  While my spouse and I fail to understand the attraction, he seems utterly and completely contented with this career path.  For him it is a perfect fit.  And when I think about it more, I understand the allure.  First and foremost he is not someone who shies away from conflict.  While my spouse and his brothers would run for cover whenever my ire was raised, he would brave the storm and even go so far as to put himself in harm's way.  He would acknowledge that I seemed upset but then ask what I thought could be done to make things better.  How could he help?  What would it take to improve the situation?  This is a very constructive approach to dissipating anger, and to his credit, it is also coming from someone with the heart of a mediator.  That is the kind of person that you want to be your attorney, someone who will figure out what it is that is most important to you and help you to get to that point.
I wish him all the luck and success that he richly deserves as he embarks on the next phase of his life, and may his next trip around the sun hold all that he hopes it will.

No comments:

Post a Comment