Search This Blog

Friday, February 24, 2017

Kubo and the Two Strings (2016)

This is it, my selection for Best Animated movie this year.  I am pretty sure that Zootopia (or possibly Moana) will beat it out and I have yet to see My Life as a Zucchini, which looks excellent but adult, but I am pretty sure this is it.  I loved every character, the stop motion animation is simply gorgeous, and the story is wonderful.  I didn't;t think about it when I was watching the movie, but it is a story that gives the audience a lot of credit as well.
Kubo is a young boy who takes on the very large task of fighting a magical evil force.  He gets some help from a very charming monkey and a laugh out loud funny beetle, who guide him, rescue him, believe in him and help him to accomplish his goals and saving his small village.  There are a lot of powerful messages in the movie, but it is also a beautifully told story with impactful images and memorable characters.

No comments:

Post a Comment