Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Social Media and Your Audience

I know intellectually that what you write on the internet is essentially public information, but sometimes I get a reminder that I might not be paying quite enough attention to that fact.
Last month I wrote a blog entry about the health care that I have been receiving, which I have been very pleased with.  So the piece was positive and something that I whole heartedly believed to be true.  What I did not think about was that people who were taking care of me might read it.  But they did.  My spouse forwarded the link to someone on my healthcare team, thinking that they would appreciate knowing my thoughts.  I was in a panic.  Had I written anything that might be misconstrued?  Had I been thorough in my praise?  Were my thoughts as well captured as they could be?  Okay, that is an impossible aspiration, but did I do a good enough job?  I breathed a big sigh of relief when I re-read the post with that in mind, but it was a good reminder that what is public is indeed public.

No comments:

Post a Comment