Search This Blog

Saturday, April 9, 2016

One More Time

I have been repeatedly plagued with what I think are the consequences of getting chemotherapy pumped directly into your abdomen, the current state of the art therapy for ovarian cancer.  It turns out that it is not easily tolerated, especially coming as it does on the heels of major abdominal surgery.  I have had a harder time than most tolerating the consequences of this treatment, and last week was yet another round of gi consequences.
It got me thinking.  A year ago I had very little experience in the hospital and had only been in an ER a handful of times over the course of my life.  Both of those have changed significantly for me recently, and the thing that surprises me most is that it really has become routine.  I have become so used to falling and then picking myself up again that it doesn't even seem like a chore to do so.  I learn something that I have to do to avoid it again, and I hope that it will be enough to prevent it from repeating itself but am equally prepared to manage if it doesn't.  And I can only hope that this will equal success at the end of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment