This is a great one--you can leave off the peanuts and reduce the oil if you want to make it less caloric, but the combination of the fish sauce and the crunchy celery is an unexpectedly good one. And it takes about 10 minutes from start to finish to make (probably less if you know exactly where your ingredients are and you don't have to go outside to cut any of the herbs).
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons nam pla
- 6 celery stalks, thinly sliced
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced (or chives)
- 1 chile pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
- ¼ cup chopped roasted, salted peanuts
Whisk together oil, lime juice, and nam pla. Toss with celery, scallions, chile, cilantro, and peanuts.