Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Slack Time, Family Style

One of my sons is working with a start up that is using the application Slack.  It is an app that was developed for businesses to improve communication and keep some things out of your email inbox.  In an effort to better understand what our kid is doing, we as a family have been slacking.
I am very much an old dog learning a new trick.  I was not what you would call particularly enthusiastic about the process, and it took some coaching for me to even realize how to move from conversation to conversation but now I am in love with it.  There is no sense of urgency to respond like there is with a text.  There are multiple conversations set up with various groups of people in our Slack family, and it is much easier to find them and move between them than it is for me on Facebook Message.  So here I am, in my mid-50s, finding yet another new fangled thing pretty great.

No comments:

Post a Comment