- 12 large asparagus spears (about 1 lb.), trimmed and peeled
- 1/4 cup finely grated Parmesan plus a piece for shaving
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
- Toasted pine nuts
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
Working with 1 asparagus spear at a time, use a vegetable peeler to shave spears into long, thin shavings. Transfer to a medium bowl (the tips will snap off as spears get thinner; add to bowl). Combine grated Parmesan and lemon juice in a small bowl and slowly whisk in oil until well blended. Season vinaigrette generously with salt and pepper. Drizzle vinaigrette over shaved asparagus and toss to coat. Divide asparagus salad among plates. Use peeler to shave more Parmesan over salad and sprinkle with toasted pine nuts if desired..