Search This Blog

Monday, September 19, 2016

Shahi Palace, Sioux City, Iowa

I ate at this south Sioux City restaurant on a recent trip there and I thought it was really delicious, from start to finish.  We always open with vegetable samosas.  There are a few things that are telling for me about a restaurant.  For Italian food it is how well they cook their pasta, for Thai it is the Pad Thai, and for Indian restaurants it is the vegetable samosas.  These easily passed the test, as did their pakora and their chickpea salad.  The Tikka Masala was great, as was the Korma, but the best dish for me was the Sag Paneer.  Perfect in balance of the bitterness of the greens and the creaminess of the cheese.  The naan and the batura were both very popular and everyone enjoyed their meal.  This will be a favorite, I can tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment