Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Extremis (2016)

I knew that I would not be able to put all the movies that I watched for the Oscars in posts that would air before the event, so I am saving some of the ones that I thought were less likely to win afterwards (although I may make mistakes, of course).  This is something that people should watch with their family, especially elderly family members who have some ambivalence about what they want for end of life care.  The other group is families who have some disagreement about end of life care for a family member.  As much as one might try to avoid pitting siblings against each other by designating one decision maker whose views are in concert with your own, things happen and the very best thing is if everyone can agree.  So check out this short documentary following around a palliative care doctor.   Let's just say this is not the feel good movie of the nominees (although it is also not the most gut wrenching--the two that take place in and around Syria win that position).  It is well worth watching.

No comments:

Post a Comment