Search This Blog

Friday, November 25, 2016

Intolerance

It has been a couple weeks since the election and I have had a media break while I was out of the country.  But coming home it is clear to me that moving on is not an option for me.  The news just keeps on coming and none of it is good.

A lot of people have been quoting Edmund Burke, who said that all that it takes for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing.  So while I am not the least bit ready to let go of my anger and the gender bias and outright misogyny that surrounded the election--I am in fact fighting my urge to create memes that echo the Hillary memes for Trump.  Because while her critics have no factual basis for their claims, all of the slings and arrows that have been aimed at her are actually true about him.  That part I do need to move on about. But when Trump put a Nazi in charge of his transition team, it became time to decide how to fight rather than when.  Because that represents real evil.  I have no doubt that they will start to use trolling to intimidate those who oppose them, but again, don't let evil triumph.

No comments:

Post a Comment