Search This Blog

Sunday, June 11, 2017

Pouch Making

The really great thing about taking a class is that you can garner enthusiasm for something that you really never thought that you would want to make.  I have been on a class-a-month binge for about the last year plus, and it has been really quite good for both my project completion rate (which was ok in the past, but has really come pretty close to 100% for all started projects, and definitely 100% for completing at least one of the things that were learned in a class.  It has also stretched my sewing skills.  Admittedly, I started at about zero there because I have made only a handful of things over the past 40 years so it is not an exaggeration to say that I did not really know how to use the zipper foot or where to change the needle position on my sewing machine.  So making these pouches was really quite fun and also pretty fast.  They are functional as well as beautiful, and I hope to make some for holiday presents.

No comments:

Post a Comment