Search This Blog

Friday, December 23, 2016

Now You See Me 2 (2016)

I very much enjoyed this somewhat improbable movie about a group of magicians who call themselves the Four Horsemen pulling off spectacular heists.  The premise of this is perhaps a little complex for a "Part 2" movie, because even though I saw the first one, I was having some difficulty following the relationships and identifying who the good guys versus who the bad guys were.  That is never good, when the thriller is too complicated to follow, because for the most part you watch a movie like this so that you can eat popcorn and not use brain power, but once I read a synopsis of the first movie, it all came back to me, and I managed to keep up.  However, a word of warning, this might be even more challenging if you haven't seen the first one, so watch them in order, that would be one word of advice.  This is a movie with tremendous actors who far outshine the script, the plot, and the premise, so if you just like to watch good actors in motion, this is a diversionary movie that is worth the time it takes to watch.  It will not leave you thinking, it is just for fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment