Search This Blog

Saturday, July 30, 2016

A Decent Arrangement (2014)

This is a romantic comedy that is streaming on Netflix.  It is enjoyable in a very light way.  An American goes to visit his aunt in India with the intent of finding a wife.  The reasons that he is pursuing an arranged marriage are not well articulated, but his options are good, even though he is not a particularly successful American.  Somewhere in the midst of it all he meets someone that he has a certain chemistry with, and all bets are off.  The thing that I liked about the movie were the scenes of India, the immersion in a culture that fascinates me but I have not experienced.  Then there is the secondary fascination that I have with people who might successfully marry without either love or passion, nor friendship upon which to base a relationship.  I just don't get it, but then, I am not all that imaginative either.

No comments:

Post a Comment