Search This Blog

Friday, May 5, 2017

Celebrate Mexico!

Today is Cinco de Mayo, which is a very minor holiday that celebrates Mexico's improbable victory over the French in the Battle of Puebla.  So not a huge deal in the scope of history, but I want to take a moment and think about all the things that I love about Mexico and it's culture.  The first is that it is a spectacularly beautiful country with miles and miles of gorgeous coastline and equally beautiful mountains. It is populated by a wide range of native people who continue to make things with their hands.  I love that, and I always come home with more than I left with as a result.  The second is the food.  The cuisine of regions varies widely, and everything that I have tried, both in restaurants and at home of upscale Mexican food has been an adventure in multilayered flavors and I just wish it was more widespread in the United States.  And I do enjoy Sonora Mexican food, do not get me wrong.  I love the culture of celebration and I hope to travel back soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment