Search This Blog

Thursday, May 11, 2017

Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries

I don't often blog about the crime drama aspect of my life, even though it takes up a goodly portion of both my reading and viewing life.  Recently I have been mired in the post WWI world, and this is just one symptom of it.  I just finished a Charles Todd book featuring Ian Rutledge, a Scotland Yard inspector who often has auditory and visual hallucinations of a fellow company member who died in the war in front of him.  I have spent the last month reading a number of books featuring Maisie Dobbs, a detective in 1930's England who was shaped by her experiences as a nurse in WWI.  And now this, a series about a female detective in Australia in the years after the war.  Miss Fisher is very charming, a bit of a flirt, and always incredibly well dressed.  The costuming alone is worth watching the show for, but the stories are also pretty good.  They last an hour and are perfect for an exercise session--added bonus.

No comments:

Post a Comment