Search This Blog

Friday, May 29, 2015

DCI Banks (2010)

While it is true that I don't often review BBC crime dramas, I do watch quite a few of them.  It is my go to entertainment when I am walking on a treadmill and I am not up for something more intellectually stimulating.  Unfortunately, I am not a morning person.  Despite that, I try to do at least a small amount of exercise before I go to work, and so my compromise is to watch series like this.

The star of the show is Stephen Tompkinson, best known to me as the upbeat priest in Ballykissangel.  He plays the morose detective from Peter Robinson's murder mystery series, who is preternaturally insightful but somewhat prickly and difficult to get close to.  The cases that he and his team solve are often complicated and the untangling of the clues is what Banks is exceptionally good at.  This is available streaming on Amazon Instant Video, and if you are a fan of this genre, it is excellent.

No comments:

Post a Comment