Search This Blog

Friday, May 1, 2015

Home Garden Reboot

-->
Fifteen years ago my youngest son was diagnosed with a brain tumor.  The trauma of that continues to ripple out over the ensuing years.  Some of them are obvious, but some of them are not.  Even as a mental health professional, there are things I really do not understand.  It just is what it is.  One of those things for me was a complete inability to think about a garden.

Which is too bad.  I love having fresh produce throughout the growing season.  Being able to add fresh herbs to whatever I am cooking is a wonderful way to add brightness of flavor to food.  I can’t explain why I haven’t been able to do it.  I have compensated with frequent visits to my local Farmer’s Market and participating in a multi-season CSA.  Which has definitely helped but it is not enough.  My spouse has decided that it is time to get back on the horse.  So now we have a plot of land that is rototilled, manured, and some of it is even planted.  Wish us luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment