Search This Blog

Thursday, May 7, 2015

Not All Beds are Created Equal


When you travel a lot you bring all sorts of wonderful things into your life.  You can see new places, meet new people, eat a wonderful variety of foods, and rekindle old friendships.  It expands your vision.  It can be the spice of life. The benefits well outweigh the challenges, and I am a dedicated traveler.

Not everything is a plus, however.  The thing that has been the biggest issue for me as I age is sleep.  It is possible to miss your own bed enough that you dream about it.  I admit that while I could be happy with folding chairs and second hand furniture, I am dedicated to having a comfortable bed.  I don’t require expensive bedding, but I do require a high thread cotton count.  I made the quilt on my bed and I embroidered the pillowcases—so I have spent time making what I sleep on.  When I am on the road and the bedding is not up to snuff, my sleep suffers.  The best news is that many hotel chains have upped their game in the bedding court.  The Hampton Inn is one great example.  I can be just as comfortable in a Hampton Inn as I am in a hotel that is literally 2-3 times as expensive.  I recently stayed at a Holiday Inn and that was a mistake.  So beware, not all hotels in a price range are created equal. 



No comments:

Post a Comment