Search This Blog

Friday, October 7, 2016

Quilt Week in Des Moines, Iowa

This week is Quilt Week (well, really it is half a week) in Des Moines.  It is an event that is held by the American Quilt Society and While I have been quilting for over 30 years, and lived in Iowa for 26 years, I have never managed to get to this event.  This year, the year that I had way more sick leave than vacation time, this is the year that I made time for it.  Barely, mind you.  I am still struggling to make the time and commit the energy to being creative with my hands again, to get back to making things that say something about me.  I am going to be there for a say and a half, and while that is less than half of the event, it is way more than I have managed recently.
The timing is good.  I have made three quilts this summer, and I have taken seven courses at my locally owned small craft store and not only have I loved them, I have also finished every project that I have started there.  That is definitely a personal record for me.  When I was a resident I managed to take a lot of classes, but I was no where near 100% in terms of completion.  So I am on a roll, and it feels really good, so I hope these two classes go well, and that I get to see a lot of inspirational quilts!

No comments:

Post a Comment